Our Community is important to us, and we take Special Care to support our members. We obsess over details and aren’t afraid of the hard work it takes to create timeless and unyielding results for our members. Are you ready to join our Talk Room?
Made with love..
The Talk Room Guideline
The participants need to ensure that the information given in the messages is accurate. Please remember that most responses on discussion boards are opinions of lay people. When in doubt, ask for proper references. This forum is moderated upon reporting of any objectionable message to us.
It is important that discussions on GK Talk Room remain constructive, active and open. This group is a peaceful place and generous space for birth professionals to connect, support, refer, brainstorm, troubleshoot for all matters about birth. This group is for ALL BIRTH PROFESSIONALS around the world. Our only request is that for those of us who feel we are not philosophically aligned, that we, PLEASE treat each other with honor and respect.
Let us practice respect in the midst of our passion. If you treat anyone in the group with dishonor or disrespect, you will be asked to change your behavior, or you will be removed from the group. It is also unacceptable to gossip or speak poorly about our colleagues. Given this goal, the following guidelines are established.
Civility of Language
Civility of language is required for all posts. Be tolerant. Treat this discussion area as a place where we can learn from each other, not a place to force our opinions on others. Cultivate a polite tone when suggesting a course of action. Excessive use of the words, “I said,” or “You said,” is not allowed. No foul, offensive, vulgar, derogatory, sarcastic or abusive language will be allowed. “ALL CAPITAL” text, which is akin to shouting, will not be allowed. Write in a way that is straightforward and understandable. Avoid lengthy, rhetorical, circular, and/or unsubstantiated arguments.
The discussion Forum is not like a chat room. SMS style lingo will be deleted. Each post should be complete in itself. When responding to someone, please indicate what or who the response is referring. Quote, that message where necessary.
Inspire and Elevate others with your Comments
Address the comments instead of the person who authored the comments. Cultivate a polite tone when suggesting a course of action to others. Use conversational language. We do not shout slogans in normal conversation. These should not be part of a discussion post.
As a moderated discussion area, GK University reserves the right to remove or EDIT any message that falls outside the guidelines and may also terminate discussion on any topic that appears to be causing unrest. Moderators may also occasionally write “Moderator Notes” on a post to clarify a point, facilitate discussion or steer the discussion back to the topic. They may also request that a submission is re-posted in a different discussion thread.
Laws of Defamation
You are hereby advised that the laws of defamation exist to protect the reputation of the innocent. Each participant is responsible for his/her own statements either on this Forum or via “mass” or other e-mails, or other means of communication, to other members and non-members. If you make any allegations, you must be able to provide backup material in support of your allegations. You may be held liable under applicable federal or state laws for anything that you say. Slanderous statements that make false charges or misrepresentations, which damage another’s reputation, are the sole responsibility of the participant who writes such statements.
Discussions are to remain constructive
This Talk Room is a Birth and Parenting Forum, and we are here to enlighten each other, not to hurt each other. Making personal, judgmental attacks on others is not conducive to a healthy dialogue. Messages that are argumentative rather than constructive will be deleted. Moderators reserve the right to edit or delete any message or close any Discussion thread, which in their opinion is getting out of hand or is likely to cause unnecessary arguments or hurt feelings.
Criticism of Ideas of Faiths
Comparative religious discussions can be educational, but ridiculing other faiths or unwarranted criticism of their beliefs is not constructive, and it is not allowed on this Discussion Forum. We need to be tolerant of our differences and accept people for what they are instead of being critical of their beliefs. All allegations must be backed up by verifiable references from neutral sources.
This Forum is not a place for Propaganda
Posts that try to proselytize or look for converts to Sects, other faiths, religions, etc; posts that preach their philosophies, promote their URLs etc; and posts that push one-sided political agendas may be edited or deleted. Nationalistic propaganda with a jingoistic tone will not be allowed. This is a birth and Parenting Forum. Repeated forwarding of controversial views on the same subject will be viewed as a serious breach of Gk University Guidelines.
We strongly suggest that all the legitimate criticism posted on GK Community be supported by appropriate reference/s (e.g., a website, book, magazine, journal, etc.) to avoid criticism based on hearsay. If the views expressed in a post are not the author’s views, then appropriate references must be provided when quoting someone else. Plagiarism is an offense. Always provide credits for material which is not your own.
All news items must be from credible well-established news agencies, newspapers, preferably from non-sectarian and bi-partisan sources. Only the source should be provided not a website where something was repeated from somewhere else. Do not repeat hearsay. Personal websites or posts on other Forums are not adequate references.
Keep the Discussion relevant to the Topic
Keep discussion within the topics. All suggestions should be e-mailed directly to the Moderators. If you have something new to add, then please do so. Otherwise, avoid repeating what has already been said. As a courtesy to the other participants, please include a link to the old discussion if you want to continue to discuss the same topic.
Appeals for Donations, Solicitations, personal contacts etc.
GK Community or its Moderators are not responsible for any financial or other dealings between participants or organizations. Participants need to evaluate the merits or the legitimacy of all transactions on their own. All posts that seek any material help must include the correct name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other contact information for the benefit of our participants to assist them in verifying the legitimacy of any such requests.
This Discussion Forum is not the place for any advertisements of any kind.
- Undue Criticism of others – When writing, members are always advised to keep in mind the sensitivities of all other members. Avoid excessive criticism or labeling of anyone.
- Complaints –
All complaints should be emailed to the moderators. Every effort will be made to resolve the issues amicably. It is possible that it may take a few days to resolve a complaint when all moderators are needed for input. Be patient. Moderators are volunteers with full-time jobs, so are not always available to discuss the complaints right away. Any attempts to tarnish the reputation of this Forum, its Moderators, or Owners or management, will be considered grounds for suspension from the forum.
All e-mails to the Moderators must include the participant’s real name and the User ID used on GK University Forum, as well as the copy of previous e-mail or message in question.
- Privacy & Emails – Respect the privacy of our discussion forum members. It is strictly prohibited for anyone to put a member of this forum on a commercial or private email list without first securing permission of that member in writing. Any member who violates this guideline will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Disclaimer – Unless expressly stated, the views expressed on GK Talk Room are not to be construed as the opinions or views of GK University or its owners or management. And are not to be taken as endorsed or adopted by GK Talk Room/its owners/management but are the views of the person making them.
- Changes – The goals, net etiquette and guidelines are subject to changes without notice, at the absolute discretion of the GK Talk Room Moderators.
- Registration – Registration is required to post messages in the GK Talk Room discussion area.
Meet the team
For us, nothing is impossible. For every idea that you may have, we have a magic word that will surely leave you in awe.
- New York
Where are we?
Wherever you are based, you’ll find it easy to get to us
Our Members us
- Thank you for this amazing website Gena, the Cultured Doula Program is easy to use, functionally clear and jam packed full of useful, important information. Whether you’re a parent, doula, nurse or other professional, you’ll find it a breath of fresh air. I’m very impressed with how well I was able to navigate through the site and can’t say enough about the outstanding, quality customer service I received. I will be recommending the Cultured Doula Program to all my colleagues and the Rebozo Classes to my clients. Thank you again Gena, you add a personal touch that is needed in this day.
- Gena Kirby continues to amaze and inspire me to be a better birth worker, student, mom and all around awesome female. Having all of her sites combined makes me realize, she not only goes out of her way to support the birthing mother but she is motivating all of us as a community to be our authentic selves. I am so thankful to finally, have her radio show, Progressive Parenting a click away from The Cultured Doula Program with her easy list of events to review and purchase for when she is in town. It has all a girl or boy can hope for! If you are looking for a workshop, conference or online forum to be a part of in 2017, you must check out GenaKirby.com. She will find a way to inspire you.
- Parenting can be an isolating journey of trepidation, worry, and wonder. It’s great to find a place to learn connection, straight talk, and community. In a society all too quick to tell you are doing it wrong, you should just smack that kid into shape; it’s great to find a gentle resource that helps me stay grounded in my instincts to care for my children and family gently. Thank you, Gena.
- Gena Kirby is a unique, sought after professional in the birth world. Having not only her brain but access to the minds of other leaders in the birth world on one website is invaluable. As a doula and childbirth educator, I look forward to new courses and information being made available on her site so that I may better serve my clients! Being a busy professional and mom myself, I appreciate also being able to access valuable information in different forms on her her easy to navigate website- through interviews on a radio show, courses, ebooks, short blogs, etc.